Information concerning personal data processing – foreign students
Pursuant to the Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data – GDPR, full name of GDPR: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR) we inform that:
• The administrator of your personal data will be the Nicolaus Copernicus University with its registered seat at ul. Gagarina 11; 87-100 Toruń (hereinafter referred to as ADO, UMK).
• Your data obtained in the process of recruitment and handling your matters as a student will be processed for:
• On the basis of art. 6 item 1 c) GDPR – legal obligation:
• Providing relevant reports to public administration,
• Performing obligatory legal duties, such as e.g.: documentation of the course of studies, connected with its grading, creating attendance lists and credit lists– for the period necessary for performing this duty (e.g. provisions from the Act on Higher Education).
• On the basis of art. 6 item 1 f) GDPR – legally justified ADO interest:
• In order to establish the list of candidates for studies,
• To establish, defend or pursue claims – throughout the period of carrying out proceedings by appropriate authorities or courts in case of any claims; therefore, for the period of 2 years,
• For internal needs of creating statements, analyses and statistics – for the period of duration of the agreement,
• For the purpose of keeping records of incoming and outgoing correspondence – perpetually,
• For marketing products and own services,
• In order to verify graduation certificates or diplomas in National Agency for Academic Exchange, Superintendent or Ministry of Education.
• In case of making payments via bank or other payment institution we will come to possess your data such as bank account number (the account) which we will process in order to perform the agreement or for legally based ADO interest.
• You are entitled to request:
• access to your personal data and their rectification subject to legal provisions,
• erasure or restriction of processing,
• objection to processing,
• transfer of personal data processed in IT systems to another Administrator.
• Providing the data is a legal obligation and lack of its provision will disable further procedure to become a NCU student.
• You are entitled to issue a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
• Your personal data may be made available to persons authorized by the ADO- to other entities, including entities processing them on our behalf, public administration authorities, courts, bailiffs in the scope of situations provided for in law, as well as entities with whom ADO cooperates in the areas of legal services such as debt recovery services.
• The data may be forwarded outside the EU territory to home University or High School (or equivalent) as well as Polish Embassy or Consulate in the country of candidate’s origin.
• You will be not a subject to automated decision-making activities in relations to you, nor will they be subject to automated profiling
• If you wish to contact the Administrator in matters related to the processing of personal data, in particular in connection with filing the request for the exercise of rights, please contact us at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Administrator’s correspondence address, with the annotation „IOD”.